Re: Guido on GPL

On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 12:03:23PM +0530, Biju Chacko wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 08:34:25AM +0530, Arun wrote:
> > 	I am not an expert in Law. But after reading the article
> > I feel Guido doesnt really want to do anything other than
> > blaming FSF.
> >
> > Eben Moglen clearly specifies the issues they find in Python license.
> > Either Guido should accept it or decline it. No one is forcing him.
>
> <rant>
>
> Who elected the _FSF_ the status of final arbiter on what is free or non-free.
> I'm getting tired of this attitude that the GPL is holy gospel.

	You are talking about a non-issue. No one said FSF is
final arbiter of free or non-free. Even if I personally will give
more value to what FSF is saying on similar issues.

	The issue was the GPL compatibility of Python license.
I dont think you will say FSF has got no right over GPL.

	Even if there are disagreement on Licenses
among us, every one should understand difference between the licenses.
Its not to prove which one is right or which is wrong. But
it definitely provides an insight into the community.

> If the FSF spent less time harassing hackers like Guido and Linus and more time
> harassing Micro$oft we might all be a little better off.

	Free Software is not about MS bashing.
MS is just the symptom not disease.

Arun.