Re: Guido on GPL

On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 11:52:52PM -0700, Arun Sharma wrote:

> > Eben Moglen clearly specifies the issues they find in Python license.
>
> He basically says how and when people should choose their licenses.
> Does that count as freedom ?

	Did you really read the mail by Moglen ?
If so go and read once more, with an interest to understand
rather than to criticise.

> > Either Guido should accept it or decline it. No one is forcing him.
>
> Guido has already spoken :)

	Sure. But I cant understand why he is making so much noise.
Reading the article I feel that Guido is not honest in the issue.
If he dont want to make it GPL compatible then go by that.
Why is he acting like having interest to make it GPL-Compatible and
same time saying FSF is creating trouble for him ?

I am not very interested in continuing this thread. I believe
everyone in this list has got enough intelligence to read
and understand the issue if they want. I dont want to
force it to anyone.

Arun.