Re: Guido on GPL

On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 08:34:25AM +0530, Arun wrote:
> 	I am not an expert in Law. But after reading the article
> I feel Guido doesnt really want to do anything other than
> blaming FSF.
>
> Eben Moglen clearly specifies the issues they find in Python license.
> Either Guido should accept it or decline it. No one is forcing him.

<rant>

Who elected the _FSF_ the status of final arbiter on what is free or non-free.
I'm getting tired of this attitude that the GPL is holy gospel.

If the FSF spent less time harassing hackers like Guido and Linus and more time
harassing Micro$oft we might all be a little better off.

IAC, these incessant license wars are sucking the fun out of the whole business.
We ought to spend more time on constructive discussion rather that license or
distro wars.

When was the last time that something constructive was generated on this list. I
think of a few:

	- Trying to get something done about the LI website.

	- Starting a localisation project for Linux Apps

	- Start a campaign to get Linux into schools

But no, ppl here are more worried about BSD vs GPL, about proving themselves
most knowledgable about the evils of MS and genarlly waffling around without
_doing_ anything.

This sucks.

</rant>

Biju