Re: Discrimination was Re: Viability of Linux companies

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001, Dr Tarique Sani <tarique@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 |> It's not fair to discriminate against someone just because he has  a
 |> different browser/different car/different color of skin.
 |Fair? twisted logic...

It's a matter of how you look at things.... these are my views and I stand
by them.(Not required that everybody subscribes to them)

 |Walk in to a car show room and demand a Sienna for a price of a
 |Maruti. They should not discriminate against you just because you have
 |less money.

I never said I was a commie or that there should be no rich people! In
life you have to learn to live with what you have... hard fact!

But I don't believe in forcing people to do things differently for me..
so if I ran a website I would rather serve all browsers the same content!

 |Just because Linux user cannot experience my web site in its full glory,
 |wouldn't I be discriminating against those who can?
By your own admission... you designed such a cool script! (hats off 2 u!)
Agreed that it's not easy... but then it never is easy to make everyone
happy.

 |Isn't it discriminatory against me as a developer that I cannot display
 |all my programming skills just becuase Linux users cannot see it?
IMO you have shown greater programming skills in creating a crossbrower
dhtml script.(Personally I use client-side scripting to the barest
minimum!)

 |This probably is my last mail in this thread - I don't intend to
 |participate in a game of one man up!

Sorry! wasn't intended as a game of one-up ! I was only expressing my
views.

Kingsly
	        .:: Kingsly John                ICQ 14787510 ::.
            .:: Linux 2.4.3 #7 Tue Apr 17 18:48:39 IST 2001 i686 ::.
           `:. Posted to the list on Thu Apr 19 08:11:01 IST 2001 .:'