Re: A Linux Today story has been mailed to you!

Biju Chacko wrote:

> Look, no company can survive giving away something for nothing.

Biju,
This particular thread and esp. your mails have really been thought
provoking. I am also a bit disturbed primarily coz i fall in the
category of someone who uses the software and cannot contribute much. I
like linux a lot, but some how just saying that has a hollow ring to it.

How can someone like me also contribute to the open source community ? I
can buy the official distro of RedHat or Mandrake, but i don't think
that would be enough. Perhaps the companies themselves can be a bit more
aggressive in marketing their support, for example if RedHat came out
with a book similar to the unleashed series but covered the
installation, tweaking, maintenance and usage of RH linux, i am sure a
lot of us will buy it if they market it right.

Some time back I had echoed a similar sentiment, I took back my
statement coz of what Suresh and Rajesh had said, but i'm still not
convoked, and until i am, i will continue to feel a bit like a parasite.

perturbed,
mario
--

Depend on the rabbit's foot if you will, but remember it
didn't work for the rabbit.