Re: KDE Architecture - Question.

Hi Pavan,

> Is KDE an implimentation of X-Windowing system.
> WHat i mean is,  Does it follow the Server/Client
> system of X.

KDE is _NOT_ and implementation of X Windowing system, it is primarily
a Window Manager + a Desktop System + a Development Environment + a
lot of other things... :)

> In terms of programming model , what is the
> [snip] C++ for example.

Simply put, when you create an App for Windows its not client server
inherently...
With KDE on X, Apps are _always_ client server neutral and network
oriented...

>  Also, any pointers on the services provided by
> Linux kernel itself for GUI development, assuming
> there is no X or KDE r anything else.

You can try the Linux Framebuffer, its an excellent way to do away
with the sick X Windowing System.
Use SVGAlib or wait a few months till I release my own library set
which is far superior to that...

Warm Regards.

~Mayuresh

--