Re:

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001 gmadhavi@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

 |Messaging model. What I am looking out for is precisely this - "an
 |application that identifies the new msg in my mail box, dials my phone #
 |and read it out for me.."

I don't think that there are any drivers that can play sound thru the
serial port so that you can hear it on the other end.(though it is
possible to do just that on windoze.)

it is possible for you to connect your soundcard to the modem's mic port
and then you will be able to hear your message.

But there is a package available that allows you to store and retrieve
voicemails from ur machine... that also has an option to make the system
*do* things by pressing certain keycode!!! so you could make ur machine
read your mail out to you! (saw it on FM ... u can search there)

other alternatives if you have a e-nabled mobile or pager you can have the
stuff sent to your phone/pager via email (depends on the quality of ur
provider but I wouldn't recommend it !  Airtel runs this stuff on windoze
and at times it takes almost a whole day for an email to reach my phone !!
)

Kingsly

	        .:: Kingsly John                ICQ 14787510 ::.
            .:: Linux 2.4.3 #2 Sun Apr 1 00:02:27 IST 2001 i686 ::.
           `:. Posted to the list on Tue Apr  3 22:07:58 IST 2001 .:'