Re: OT: VSNL as compared to other ISPs

Hi!

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Udhay Shankar N wrote:

 |ISPs seems to indicate otherwise. I'm able to hold a connect much more
 |stably with any of the other 3 ISPs than with VSNL. What gives ? Does
 |anybody else have the same experience to report ?

I get fantastic connects and speeds with VSNL the only problem that i'm
facing is that i'm unable to access certain sites when I'm assigned
certain IP addresses(and that is MOST of the time)
I posted to blug-tech about this but got no response as yet!!

but IMO VSNL is really cool... I once downloaded over 200MB in one nite!!
I get connects at around 50kbps... downloads average 5-5.4kB per sec
and ofcourse text downloads a LOT LOT faster!!

I have major problems connecting to satyam... because their ras servers
are not uniform some do PAP some do user-pass yet others do login-pass..

Dishnet sucks... u get disconnected so very often I feel they do it on
purpose. (Even Caltiger is better than them!!)

Sigma online was really great !! I used them for a little over 100
hours... great service great helpdesk!

Kingsly

	        .:: Kingsly John                ICQ 14787510 ::.
            .:: Linux 2.4.2 #8 Wed Feb 28 12:41:38 IST 2001 i686 ::.