OT: VSNL as compared to other ISPs

Over the past few months, due to the flakiness of my VSNL dialup, I've been trying a variety of ISPs. I've tried Mantra Online, Satyam Online, and Dishnet apart from VSNL. One thing that strikes me as funny is that I'm never able to hold a connect for very long with VSNL, and I regularly get junk connects. I'd always assumed that the first phenomenon was due to my exchange or wiring (i.e, not VSNL's fault) - but experience with the other ISPs seems to indicate otherwise. I'm able to hold a connect much more stably with any of the other 3 ISPs than with VSNL. What gives ? Does anybody else have the same experience to report ?

Udhay

PS: I'm located in Bangalore, the flamecenter of the ILUG lists...

     God is silent. Now if we can only get Man to shut up.