Re: [ News - Non Commercial ] Info Required

Sarin Chavarkar rearranged electrons thusly:

> we are not here to spam and abuse the technology. we are here to serve
> the world with the power of open source. please do not worry there will
> be no spam from our side unless a spammer uses our domain to spam.

That wont be a problem if you run a reasonably recent mailserver and
configure it properly.

That said,

mjollnir:~ host seascope.co.in
seascope.co.in has address 161.58.164.92
seascope.co.in mail is handled (pri=10) by seascope.co.in

mjollnir:~ telnet seascope.co.in 25
Trying 161.58.164.92...
Connected to seascope.co.in.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 seascope.co.in ESMTP Sendmail 8.8.8 ready at Fri, 23 Mar 2001 04:30:32
-0700 (MST)
quit
221 seascope.co.in closing connection
Connection closed by foreign host.

I suggest you upgrade to 8.11.3 (or at least see http://www.sendmail.org/~ca
- there are some check_rcpt hacks for 8.8.8, but it's still vulnerable to
buffer overflow attacks, for one).

> we are greatly thankful to you for your concern over the spam issue.

Take a look at http://www.india.cauce.org then - Raju's not exactly alone in
being concerned re spam.  Lots of people feel the same way :)

	-s

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <-->  mallet <at> efn <dot> org