Re: Seeking a Linux or Unix programming guru for CTO position

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 09:03:10AM +0000, did Ruchir Tewari write:
> The clause to put a Commercial tag is just a request with a 'please',
> not even a rule.

And how exactly did we come to this conclusion?  Please see
http://lists.linux-india.org/lists/linux-india-general/guidelines.txt

It is clearly stated under the 'Rules' section.

> Calling it an offense and giving a warning and a threat to boot, is what
> crossed the bounds of politeness, rather than the mail of the original
> poster.

It was called an offense because it was.  The warning was posted to a
public forum for two reasons:

1. To indirectly inform other people that such rules exist and are
enforced.
2. So that the warning can be archived in the list archives for future