Re: [OT] Vijay Mukhi says ...

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Mukund wrote:
> I often find lots of heat on LI list when some one bashes linux. Well, that
> is perfectly logical, but this heat rarely goes out. And hardly any steps
> are taken to correct the bashing. We remain satisfied with bashing of M$,
> Bill, GM, DM and others, among 300 listers only.
>
> I am certainly no fan of these people, but truly speaking these  people are
> accepted by media and the world, so cursing these people among us, does not
> matter.
>
> What we need is action and not the discussion.

	Perfectly agreeable. We need to do work, and work requires shedding off
egos. The main reason for these never-ending flames here is that no-one is
willing to consider the other person's statement. Each thinks that he is right.
Human nature indeed. But we need to rise above it. I mean even God makes
mistakes (Saddam was a huge mistake ).
	That said, some people here think they are GOD. If you suggest
anything, you start a flamewar. This has to be corrected. Let us all shed these
*scary* inhibitions and join together to form an abominable workforce. Caste,
age, sex no bar. Each of us has a potential and lets exploit it to the extreme.
United we stand and Divided we fall. This adage is valid to-date. Lets all join
hands to lead India to a better and more prosperous future. This does not mean
that Linux is the only vehicle towards ths end (gosh), but that we need to
change ourselves.
	Lets take PCs for example. All the private vendors do nothing but fool
people. Last week I had a tussle with an HCL site engineer. He was adamant that
my PC (+monitor) had gone *bad* due to no earthing. There was no technical
proof with him. He left the place quoting legal jargon. Immediately after he
had gone, I was able to restart my machine. What does this imply ??
	This was just an anecdote suggesting we need to change. Junta aint a
fool. Same applies to LIG. Let us all get together and give others the same
exhiliarating feeling of using Linux as we have been enjoying all these years.

Regards,
Saurabh Garg

 --
Linux renders ships, NT is rendering ships useless.