Re: Free software...

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 09:39:34AM +0530, Raju Mathur merrily said:
> Cool, just remove all the bullshit aka GNU-licensed software from your
> Linux box and live happily ever after.

You misunderstand me once again, Raj. GNU is the foundation for most
of the opensource that I see around the world. GNU has produced a lot
of good work. It is the philosophical baggage that piggybacks on this
software that makes me feel so tired ...

When I use GNU software or any other licenced software, I respect that
licence, I do. But getting treated to a lecture of "Free"dom and
(bulldozed) into giving back to the society ... (i am feeling tired
again). Man has his motivations ... self gratification being one of
them. I try as much as is within my capacity to "give back to the
society". Doing so gives me some "self-gratification" which is the
incentive. But when I am forced to give something back to the society,
some of this incentive rubs off. It's like school time - I could be
good and get smiles and pats for that. But if you *force* me to be
good, it is no longer fun anymore ...

Forgive me...I have had a long day ;)

- Sandip

--