Re: [OT] Vijay Mukhi says ...

Suresh Ramasubramanian forced the electrons to say:
> > Vijay Mukhi, in his column in Bombay Times (19 March) says:
> > "Linux also had a significant following, but the number is
> > dropping".
>
> Vijay Mukhi?  I seem to recall my sister saying that her comp sci instructor
> (at BITS Pilani) told them - "refer to any C textbook you want - except the
> Vijay Mukhi books).

He seems to have the impression that C is what Borland says it is. I won't be
surprised if in his next book he writes "Every C program begins with the
function WinMain()".

> See LI (the old linux india - before the split) for some nice threads re how
> Raju Mathur and a few others counteracted his FUD (at a pragati maidan trade
> show)

I seem to remember something - did the said counteract involve a mallet
and a skull?

Anyway, the press (meaning newspapers) in Mumbai is the pits when it
comes to Linux. Both Express Computing and Times Computers are pathetic
in Linux coverage. The general idea is that having a linux column means
printing what freshmeat has to say about the latest MP3 player and a box
which says "Essential Linux Commands - rm -rf" (or some such). Mistakes
and even blunders seem the order of the day.

Binand