[COMMERCIAL] Caldera's New OpenLinux Server Product (FWD)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 11:12:59 +1100
From: Caldera Information South Asia <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [PRESS RELEASE] Caldera's New OpenLinux Server Product Enters Open
    Beta;  "Project 42" Serves as Base for Common Linux-UNIX Platform

Dear Editors,

The "Caldera's New OpenLinux Server Product Enters Open Beta; "Project
42" Serves as Base for Common Linux-UNIX Platform"
press release follows.

Press releases are also available on-line:
South Asia
http://www.calderasystems.com.au/company/press/index.html
World-wide
http://ir.calderasystems.com/wc/form/P1?template=ir/CALD/press_releases

Please contact me if you require more information.

Regards
Gordon.

--
Gordon Hubbard <ghubbard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Regional Manager, SE Asia, ANZ, India

                                 # # #

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Caldera's New OpenLinux Server Product Enters Open Beta; "Project 42"
Serves as Base for Common Linux-UNIX Platform

OREM, Utah - March 14, 2001--Caldera Systems Inc. (Nasdaq: CALD) today
announced that its new OpenLinux server product, code named "Project
42," is entering open beta and will be available for download on March
19 from http://www.calderasystems.com/products/beta/.

Based on the new Linux 2.4 kernel and targeted to OEMs and VARs, Project
42 incorporates a secure Web server, a file and print server, and a set
of network infrastructure servers, including DHCP, DNS, and firewall.
Because it supports UNIX and Samba file and print servers, Project 42
can run either alone or on top of UnixWare with Linux Kernel Personality
technology.

"Project 42 is our latest generation Linux-based server product and will
be the base for future Linux and UNIX integration products," said Drew
Spencer, chief technology officer for Caldera Systems.

"Caldera's new server will enable Blue Chip Computer Systems to save
time when setting up servers for our clients and make money by providing
our customers an excellent quality product," said Ron Herman, president
of Blue Chip Computer Systems, beta-site for Project 42. "Its install
was straightforward, and it's incredibly easy to manage."

Project 42 has additional key features, including extensive security
enhancements, Java SDK version 1.3, and a Caldera Volution deployment
agent.

Caldera Systems Inc.

Founded in 1998 by Ransom Love, Caldera Systems is a "Linux for
Business" leader. Caldera specializes in the development, deployment and
management of Linux-based clients and servers. Based in Orem, Caldera
has offices and 1,000+ resellers worldwide. For more information on
Caldera products and services, visit http://www.calderasystems.com.

Caldera is a registered trademark and OpenLinux and Caldera Volution are
trademarks of Caldera Systems Inc. All other products, services,
companies, events and publications are trademarks, registered trademarks
or servicemarks of their respective owners in the United States and/or
other countries.

LINUX is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.

UNIX is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States
and other countries.

Caldera Systems Inc.

Forward-Looking Statements

The statements set forth above include forward-looking statements that
involve risks and uncertainties. The company wishes to advise readers
that a number of important factors could cause actual results to differ
materially from those in the forward-looking statements.

Those factors include the failure of the products described above to
operate as designed due to incompatibility with some platforms or other
defects; our reliance on developers in the open source community; new
and changing technologies and customer acceptance of those technologies;
the company's ability to compete effectively with other companies;
failure of our brand to achieve the broad recognition necessary to
succeed; unenforceability of the GNU general public license; our
reliance on third party developers of components of our software
offerings; claims of infringement of third-party intellectual property
rights; and disruption in the company's distribution sales channel.

These and other factors, which could cause actual results to differ
materially, are also discussed in the company's filings with the
Securities and Exchange Commission, including its recent filings on Form
10-Q.

Contact:
Caldera Systems Inc., Orem
Tania Cantrell, 801/765-4999