Re: Re: Re: Re: The LUGs in India

On Fri, Mar 09, 2001 at 11:46:47AM +0530, Atul Chitnis wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, RaghuNath L wrote:
> When the split Cochin-LUG matter came up, I wrote to Arun and Thaths. I
> got no suggestions/recommendations, so I did what I deemed to be the
> fairest way of handling things.

     But you did not inform us ( ilug cochin ) that we are taken off.

> At no time did I point the DNS entry at any faction's page. I just set up
> a neutral page and pointed to the mailing list. I *removed* the entry only
> when the "gentleman" from Cochin tried to gain political milage out of
> this.

  As a spectator to the on going dispute and as a member of ILUG cochin
I would like to point out a few things . There is nothing like two factions
in I-LUG cochin. Of course we have  differences of opinion and we have
every right for that.  The problems started when a few of the
luggies(including our coordinator ) here  left for bangalore .
Even after repeated requests the control of our mailing list was not
transferred to our present coordinator.

   At prsenet  there is no faction here .We are a group here like any
other LUG. The so called faction  is a few members located at bangalore
who want to remote administer things here.
      The issues raised by ragOO still stand irrespective of Atuls attempts to
absolve himself.

Sunil
 Sunil Thomas Thonikuzhiyil               sunil_tt@xxxxxxxxx
 Principal, College of Applied Science    On  Debian 2.2
 Calicut,Kerala,India. Ph:0495-768320     http://geocities.com/sunil_tt