Re: UPDATE: Linux (and free OSs) in the Indian Press (March 2001)

At 11:53 PM 3/7/2001 +0530, you wrote:
* THE PENGUIN strikes back. That's the title of a
   response to Kiran Jonnalagadda's earlier write-up
   on Linux and where it could do better. This response
   is featured in the letters-to-the-editor column. KJ is,
   incidentally, now a honorary member of the ILUG-Goa.
   As he clarifies, "I actually like Linux a lot...."

That reply did not discuss any technical issues due to lack of space. I did have a longer exchange with Mr Pillai though.

If anyone still wants to debate the points I mentioned, I'm game. :)

* CHIP ONCE AGAIN reminds its readers that an
   Indian (read, affordable) version of *Dr Dobb's Journal*
   is soon coming to India, and the issue it highlights
   deals with a lot of Linux subjects.

DDJ is currently being worked on at Synapse [1] in Goa. If anyone is interested in contributing to the magazine, please contact me <mailto:kiran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> or Hakim Badshah <mailto:hakim_badshah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

[1] http://www.plusthought.org

--

Kiran Jonnalagadda
http://www.pobox.com/~jace