Re: IITK Linux mirror

Hi,

Dwivedi Ajay kumar typed:
> 5. Would it be really easy and fast for people to download from iitk
> mirror rather than downloading from US?

About this, transfer rates may not be any faster than download from a US
mirror (I get around 5-6K/sec on a 56K modem), but the difference it
will make is that instead of 30 people downloading the same file from
the US, and using up that much of international bandwidth, it will get
downloaded from there just once, and precious bandwidth to the US is not
wasted. :-)

--
Mrinal Kalakrishnan <mrinal@xxxxxxxxx> http://mrinal.dhs.org/
Linux 2.4.2 || PGP:B1E86F5B || Mutt 1.3.15i (2001-02-12) || VIM 6.0t ALPHA