Re: Help on distributions

Biju Chacko rearranged electrons thusly:

> <my 2c>
> Frankly, I think tweakability on workstations is overrated. Too often it becomes
> a distraction from *real* work.
> </my 2c>

My 2c [at this rate, LIG is going to become _real_ rich ...]

Tweaking and customization of a distro is a good thing - to the extent which is
needed (say, a lighter window manager for a lousy video card, alsa drivers for
an even lousier sound card, a newer kernel to support other stuff you need,
front end improvements such as a customized blackbox theme and bashrc file ..)

There's also tweaking something for the sake of tweaking it (though that's fun
as well).

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <-->  mallet <at> efn <dot> org
"What separates normal people from kooks is how they react when people disagree