Re: Fw: Returned mail: see transcript for details

On Mon, Mar 05, 2001 at 11:37:53PM +0530, did Suresh Ramasubramanian write:
> Sudhakar Chandra rearranged electrons thusly:
> > I'm looking into it.  The problem is I do not see white_falcon as being
> > subscribed to the list.  And the headers in bounced messages do not contain
> > info on which address is actually subscribed to the list.
> Thaths - first, call up namezero / or rather their mailhost criticalpath /
> cp.net (which is in SFO).
> Call their abuse desk  and ask if they can fix their broken MTA.  That seems
> to be rewriting return-paths (not just ignoring them and delivering bounces
> to the from address).

Here is what I did:

1. Got the list of email addresses subscribed to LIG.  Some regular
expression magic to eliminate the names and just retain the domain names.

2. uniq and sort the list.

3. go through the list and run /usr/bin/mx on it to see the MX server.

4. Grep for namezero and voila!

5. rm the offending user.

Thaths

--
pub  1024R/9B7FE6BD 1998-03-25 Sudhakar Chandrasekharan <thaths@xxxxxxxxx>
Key fingerprint = 8A 84 2E 67 10 9A 64 03  24 38 B6 AB 1B 6E 8C E4