Re: Experience the New Windows

Udhay Shankar N rearranged electrons thusly:

> I am not sure if you gentlemen are aware that this particular metaphor
> originates from Neal Stephenson's _In The Beginning Was The Command Line_.
> My mirror of this *extremely* fine piece of writing is at
> http://www.digeratus.com/beginning.html (a long read, but emonently worth it.)

Definitely worth the (re)read, Udhay :)

Anyway, that's why I used "muscle car" instead of tank.  Linux _is_ growing
more user friendly now - it was a tank a few years earlier (in terms of
robustness / invulnerablity) but this has (for certain distros like
redhat / caldera etc) decreased, and user friendliness has increased, so that
we now have muscle cars instead of tanks :)

	-s

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <-->  mallet <at> efn <dot> org
"What separates normal people from kooks is how they react when people disagree