Re: Experience the New Windows

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Ruchir Tewari wrote:

> I guess staroffice provides Word/Excel capabilities, but WINE
> would allow practically any windows application to run
> on linux.
WINE still has a long way to go.

My last experience with it about three weeks ago showed it to be perfectly
impractical for the end user

Despite the fact that Tarique had downloaded compiled, installed and
tweaked it all that was possible. It refused to run any application which
allowed me to be productive almost all office apps start but that is it!

Nothing more than that!

Thankfully I have a machine which is monstrous enough to run Mozilla nad
star office at the same time

BTW - Mozilla 0.8 is indeed almost there even from a non techie POV

Swati

       B2B Application Providers
        http://www.sanisoft.com
 Vortal for Nagpur http://nagpurcity.net