Re: Experience the New Windows

*** Mithun Bhattacharya wrote in the linux-india-general list today at...:

> I was talking the average Windows user contemplating migration to Linux
> and I am sure a few of the Linux users would also agree with me when
> they suddenly found out they have to use different key combinations just
> because they changed their window manager.

Well, the key combinations can't be expected to be the same for all the
window managers.  If you prefer that the keys work in the same way as
windows, then I'd suggest that use KDE.  But please don't crib later that
it's damn slow.  That's the reason I don't install it on my machines.  There
are at least a few other window managers that are pretty fast, and have nice
appearance (although keys like `F4' which people *might* normally prefer,
don't work on them!).

> I use Linux because I like working on it - it is inherently stable and I
> know what I am doing most of the time unlike windows where it is click
> and pray. As for the Netscape thing if you havent landed from Mars I
> would say almost everyone who has used Netscape on Linux would agree
> with me.

Yes, at times it crashes.  BTW, I did land from Mars, in fact yesterday.
But how did you come to know about that?  In case you're interested in being
there, drop me a line privately.

> As for writing a browser of my own I think you are pretty misguided as
> to who should and should not be using Linux.

Is this supposed to be any kind of answer to my suggestion.  Another
suggestion:  express yourself clearly.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

--
                            Mohit Agarwal (mohit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
        -- Dave Olson