Re: Experience the New Windows

Diwakar spewed into the ether:
>ease-of-use factor, i think windows has the upper hand. this is my
Is it really so tough to use Linux?
Here is what I think are the major differences in the thought process requirements:
In windows, you need the GUI. without the GUI, you are severely
hampered.
In Linux, you have to know the command line to function well (i.e., better than adequately).

So for windows, your thought processes follow a different path than in Linux.
The command line is for those who think in terms of text, the GUI for
those who think in terms of graphic images.
[Check out the way you actually think, it can be instructive]

>among other things. in windows you download something, doubleclick it
>and install it, it's that simple. surely Linux app developers can do
Well, if you download an RPM, it is just the same. Doubleclick an RPM
and you will have GNORPM (or Kpackage or something) pop up.
and I certainly don't think that tar -zxf file;cd directory;./configure;make;make install is tough, or arcane.

And another good thing is that each application can have its own separate libraries, so the infamous DLL hell can be avoided.

Just my 2 paise

Devdas Bhagat

For Valentine's Day shop by Brand, Product, Price, Store and Location!
http://shop.storerunner.com/shop.asp?pdef=home&trsid=3080