Re: Experience the New Windows

On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, dodobh@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> And another good thing is that each application can have its own
> separate libraries, so the infamous DLL hell can be avoided.

I don't buy this one. This is what I meant by "blind advocacy" - the
(g)libc hassles in Linux have been just as terrible as DLL hassles.

Example: StarOffice 5.0 that wouldn't install under certain glibc setups
(RedHat 6.0, for example). Ditto for the current Netscape 6.

Atul

Atul Chitnis       | achitnis@xxxxxxxxxxx (PGP:6011BCB8)
Bangalore, India   | +91 (80) 3440397 Fax +91 (80) 3341137