Re: [Re: Bribe PCQ!] : I Agree

On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 11:02:24AM +0200, firestarter wrote:
>I think we shouldnt look to mags for moral support anymore, because they are
>like the wind.Thay are soooo unreliable.What do ya say, ppl?

You are half right. I wouldn't say that they are unreliable -- just that they
have different priorities. They will support Linux as long it helps their bottom
line or their image or whatever. That's true of any business. I don't think it's
fair to condemn them for withdrawing their support. It's not as if we have some
kind of entitlement with regards to their support. This was bound to happen at
some time or other.

I guess our best approach is "Thanks for whatever support you gave in the past. We'll
manage very well without you. Goodbye."

That's true of *any* commercial support. Take whatever they offer in an
unconditional manner and then move on when they stop.

My 2c

Biju

Biju Chacko        | biju@xxxxxxxxxxx (work)
Exocore Consulting | biju_chacko@xxxxxxxxx (play)