Re: [Announce] Au Revoir

Addressing some of the questions that have popped up:

* Will Linux in India die?

Linux in India is too big to die because one small man decides to take a
less active role.

* What will happen to the mailing lists?

I'm in the process of working out a transition stratergy.  The lists will
continue to exist.  Just not of lists.linux-india.org (whose DNS entry will
go away at some point in the future).  I'll update all of you as soon as
something is worked out.

* Will you come back to the LI lists?

Yes.  I most certainly will come back to the lists as a subscriber.

* Will you reconsider the decision?

No.

* Will you chnage your mind after the vacation?

Maybe.

* Why did you choose to resign?

No single event in the recent past was the motivating factor.  It is
something I've been thinking about for a bit and now seems to be a good
time to do it.

* Don't put up the subscriber DB some place public.

I won't.  I'm aware of the spamming potential.

* Can I buy you a beer?

Sure.  I'll be in Mumbai during the latter half of April.

* Are you going to Haridwar?

No.  I heard they don't sell beer there.

Thaths
--
"Mom, romance is dead. It was acquired in a hostile takeover by Hallmark
and Disney, homogenized, then sold off piece by piece." -- Lisa Simpson