Re: P2P IM (Attn : Rahul and Ajay Dwivedi)

Hi Ajay, Rahul and all onlookers,

The "worthwhile" post seems to work. Hope it results in more ventures like this, even better ones !!

This project is a part of my final-year BCA. But it's in the starting phase. However, I've already designed the protocol by hand. DFD's too are ready. Beginning to implementing it now. Will soon communicate with something solid (with code) if you wish. Can you suggest me some way to work around the setups with proxy-servers and/or firewalls ?

Currently I'm writing the server. Only wondering if my decision to fork off 3 threads (one each for input, output and the connection-manager) per connection is superior to performing round-robin access over the array of sockets with just three threads in total. But chose the former because I didn't want my server to hang due to blocking read() or write() calls.

How about setting up a separate space on the web for discussing and exchanging over this project ? Please let me know if so. I'll come back with complete details then.

Can you get some references as to where from can I download the JIT compilers (of course free of cost) for Linux and Windoze. I'm using JDK 1.3, and residing at Gwalior now.

Shantanu (shantanu_gwl@xxxxxxxxx).