Re: TeX

Radhakrishnan C V rearranged electrons thusly:

> What will be the scenario, if I deliver a TeX chapter on DocBook
> SGML/XML, majority of the users will find it a black box that defy
> formatting. You need the enormous tree of Norman's DSSSL/XSL scheme,
> Jade/XSL processor, nsgmls, etc., people will simply be disinterested.

Actually, what I was proposing is to make the actual submission in docbook
format, and maintain the docs in docbook format.  They can be made publicly
available in anything from html / txt to postscript.  I'd refer you to the
example of linuxdocs.org, for example.

> I entirely agree that in the event of a GNU/Linux Tutorial becoming a
> reality, the neutral format of document must be DocBook SGML/XML while
> providing a ready to view/print output like PDF or PostScript.

Precisely.

> By the way, do you find any takers to volunteer the content
> generation, coordination, etc. Surely, I will volunteer the documents'
> XML, HTML, PDF, TeX formats generation part.

I will contribute content on my pet topic - email, mailservers etc :)  Dont
know about the coordination ... whoever hosts the mirror had better do it
himself / herself, imho.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <-->  mallet <at> efn <dot> org
"What separates normal people from kooks is how they react when people disagree