RFC1855

first of all, rfc 1855 makes interesting
reading - http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html
some thought has been put into avoiding the
kind of heated discussions on this list
so why not review them.
the links at the bottom of the RFC are
very useful too.

I was looking over the mails again -
as far as the technical issues of setting
up mirrors goes, both Suresh and Atul
came up with the same suggestions and
on those issues there was agreement.

The disagreements were over older attempts
to set up mirrors and the issues of control that
arose there- which would not arise if we followed
the approach that Suresh and Atul just agreed on.

I hope we'll make a fresh start from the common
ground that Suresh and Atul have reached and get
moving on this as soon as possible.
This is too important an issue to be doing
otherwise.

There are tens of millions of people in India we can reach by
offering easy and fast access to linux content, if we get
our act together.

Please don't repeat messages requesting
fair trials or public calls for exoneration. If you insist
on this set up a voting site or message board for it - it'll
be more effective and it'll spare the list.
For the sake of the list, a simple sweet
rebuttal against any accusation (real or perceived)
should be more than enough.