Re: Re: setting up mirrors

> Peer to Peer like napster etc is a bit inefficient in terms of bandwidth
etc (I
> have seen our DSL at the office get saturated when a bozo opened about 15
> napster sessions overnight on his PC when we were trying to upload a
rather
> large Oracle database) :)

I Hope,in India,we cant afford to open more than 1 session at any point of
time ;) It is badwidth and not bandwidth here.

    Anyway,why cant we think about having CPAN,mirrors of linux-docs.,and
running a dedicated server for the LPI et all ????
    mirrors of mysql might also be useful.singapore ftp site is dead slow
for that.

As Atul said,we can share these projects with different ILUGs [hope there
wont be any politics,then ;)

cheers
Ganesh Kumar
[Sysadmin Teleindia Ltd/ The Asia Pacific Internet Company Pty. Ltd.]
www.apic.net