Re: Re: setting up mirrors

Hi Ruchir & Others,
   Well, since we know what we want.

   Meaning that no single person can afford a free
mirror in our context & also, getting the universities
or the govt to work on this IMO is a major undertaking
..
   So why don't we have a vote listing all the options
available & with their merits & demerits and decide
what to do.

   Personally, my vote goes to peer-to-peer atleast
for now. This not a substitute for fullblown FTP
Mirror, but will solve the problem faster. also we
could take look at the code or use the opennap &
related open source products for our purpose.

So if you guys need any coding help, count me in & for
R&D also.

NOTE to Ruchir : I could download anything here.
Actually i should confess that i am in the US but not
in india right now.

So what do u guys say??

Pavan