Re: Re: setting up mirrors

A L Ganesh Kumar wrote:

> Atul,
> Why do we have to worry tooo much on issues like
> having control and other things.

<Flame-proof suit made of Ethano-glass-asbestothing>

It is like this.  The main ILUG has control over its
affiliates and decides what each ILUG does.  It has
control on what distro one should use, who the
co-ordinator should be and blah..blah..blah.
Umpteen no: of issues which will make power truly
centralized and if needed be with $DEITY who has a
big influence on all these.  Control gives U power
which U can later misuse for your own benefit.

<Flame-proof suit made of Ethano-glass-asbestothing>

Let us ask VSNL in all cities and I request the ILUG
to pool in its vast influence to persuade VSNL/other
ISPs to colocate servers which mirror all distributions
of GNU/Linux so that the user at large benefits.  Let
individual LUGs decide on who the FTP Admin should be,
make sure U send a tech-savvy person and not a monk**.
Please no FREE Email Id thingie here and no suggestions
from any $DEITIES !!

--
ragOO, VU2RGU
Keeping the Air-Waves FREE.........Amateur Radio