Re: Re: setting up mirrors

A L Ganesh Kumar rearranged electrons thusly:

>  Why do we have to worry tooo much on issues like having control and other
> things.We need to do something first,than doing it better.Why cant ILUG ask
> a few companies for sponsoring this project.They are entitled to have
> ads,slogan whatever they want in the download pages. [this idea sucks? huh?]

It is a pretty good idea - but I'm sure (given the general trend of corporate
sponsored linux sites) that whatever advertising exists won't be as
in-your-face and irritating as (say) a geocities webpage.  The ads (if any)
will generally be for linux related stuff, I expect ...

And like I said, if the advertising gets too tasteless, the spread of several
small local mirrors means that people can go elsewhere, where there are not so
many ads (or use lynx <g>)

	--suresh

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <-->  mallet <at> efn <dot> org