Re: Linux mirrors in India ? PCQ?

At 12:23 PM 1/31/2001 -0800, Nagendra, VU2CLN wrote:
have anybody tried to talked to PCQ or sombody who is pro-linux in india
as I think PCQ spent more money sponsering the Linux section for the
2000 bangaloreit.com than getting a 2mb fiber leases line(12L?) :-)

so how about somebody like PCQ/Chip sponsering a shared 2mb Pipe in
bangalore/bombay for a FTP Server ? (on which most traffic will be
upstream than downstream so useable for their browsing/downloading too)

ZDNet India has plans to mirror ftp.zdnet.com within India. I don't know how much Linux content that site has, but I had ideas for including additional open source stuff on the local mirror (I used to manage technology at ZDNet India).

This was planned for last year, but the team has been pretty hassled so far getting their feet to stop wobbling. The mirror will hopefully happen sometime this year.

Send your words of encouragement to CEO Shvetank Shah <mailto:shvetank_shah@xxxxxxxxxxxx>.

Oh yeah, ZDNet India was carved out of the Internet division of CHIP magazine, so this is still really CHIP you'll be dealing with.

--

Kiran Jonnalagadda
www.pobox.com/~jace