Re: oracle for linux

Mukund rearranged electrons thusly:

> Does all the oracle user of the list share the same view?
> I am asking this because I am planning to install oracle.

Oracle 8i is a system (processor, disk space etc) hog (but the most stable
version till date - some of the older versions have bugs).  It takes ~7 hours
to install it on an IBM netfinity 3500 server (a rather huge beast).  On
desktop class PCs (even high-end ones) dont even try it w/o a lot of food
(and/or beer) at hand, and lots of time to spare.

	--suresh

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian  <-->  mallet <at> efn <dot> org