Re:[LIH] Automount

Thanx Thaths,
Can you please tell me why my other directories are
not mounted automatically. Ie the status of autofs
seems to be ok when it has mounted the /- directory
but i cannot change to those directories. (all these
directories are of auto.direct). another thing is how
to set amd for /net /xfn access.
thanx in advance

arvind

arvind clemente proclaimed:>
> thanx Thaths,the output of auto.master
> #################################
> ## Master map for automounters
> +auto_master
> /net     -hosts          -nosuid,nobrowse
> /home    auto_home       -nobrowse
> /xfn     -xfn
> /-       auto_direct
> #################################
>
> the output of autofs status
> #################################
> configured Mount Points:
> -----------------
> /usr/sbin/automount   /user/home   yp   auto.home
> /usr/sbin/automount   /-   yp   auto.direct
>
> Active Mount Points
> --------------
> /usr/sbin/automount   /user/home   yp   auto.home
> /usr/sbin/automount   /-  yp  auto.direct
> ###################################
>
> i have sucessfully mounted home directories but
other
> directories do not seem
> to automount the auto files that reside on the sun
> server are as follws
> auto.direct
> auto.home
> auto.master

Good that you could get the home directories and /- to
automount.  The
other two (/net and /xfn) are not being automounted
because autofs does not
do the kind of mapping that is indicated in the
auto.master file.

Your workaround would be to install amd (automount
daemon) - another
software that does automounting - and use that to
mount /net and /xfn

Thaths

--
Homer: [hurt] You signed my name?  I feel so violated.
Marge: You've signed my name lots of times!