Re: QUERY: What is Small Linux?

Frederick Noronha rearranged electrons thusly:

> In addition, could anyone give me some suggestions as to what
> Linux version could fit on a 486, 240MB hard disk. I know this

 slackware or debian will do the trick - or get yourself freebsd (minimum
 required - 386 with 5 mb ram)

> is small, but plan to use it just for keying in articles and
> maybe picking up e-mail while on the road. Would it be advisable
> to avoid x-windows?

obviously

> My requirements are basically (i) word
> processing, non-graphical is fine

vim (or tex)

> (ii) e-mailing, somewhat heavy
> duty

Mutt - dont even look at pine :)

> and (iii) if possible, a little downloading of digital
> photos from a Kodak280 camera (s/w comes only for Win/Mac).

 I suppose you have commandline tools for this - or you could export the stuff
 to a floppy as jpg in the camera itself?  Any linux solutions around for this
 would be X based I think.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + mallet<@>efn.org
  You spamma my mailbox, I nukea da ass