QUERY: What is Small Linux?

The April 1999 issue of *Computer World* has a CD containing the
program called *Small Linux*. Any idea what this is?
In addition, could anyone give me some suggestions as to what
Linux version could fit on a 486, 240MB hard disk. I know this
is small, but plan to use it just for keying in articles and
maybe picking up e-mail while on the road. Would it be advisable
to avoid x-windows? My requirements are basically (i) word
processing, non-graphical is fine (ii) e-mailing, somewhat heavy
duty and (iii) if possible, a little downloading of digital
photos from a Kodak280 camera (s/w comes only for Win/Mac).
Could Linux offer solutions for this?
Thanks in advance. -Frederick
   frederick noronha, freelance journalist, fred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
   near convent, saligao 403511 goa india 0091.832.409490/ 409783
   Bytes For All		http://www.bytesforall.org
   News from Goa      	http://www.goacom.com/news/
   Photos from Goa	http://www.goa-world.net/fotofolio/
   GoaResearchNet	http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Forum/1503