Re: [ot - sort of] spammer bites the dust (goodbye gtcdrom.com)

I agree with Fred to some extent.

While GT is definitely guilty of spam, they are also providing a very
helpful service to the community with their cheap (and not-so-cheap)
CD's.

Can we work out some way by which GT is allowed to inform the
community when new offers are available while not spamming?  I was
thinking in terms of Taranath sending his catalogue at regular
intervals to the Linux-India webmaster, who could then put it up on
the site and send the URL to the list.  That would solve all problems,
except that the webmaster would have more work to do (but if s/he were
scared of work, s/he shouldn't have taken up the webmaster job in the
first place :)

Regards,

-- Raju