Re: [ot - sort of] spammer bites the dust (goodbye gtcdrom.com)

On Sun, 3 Dec 2000, Raju Mathur wrote:

->I agree with Fred to some extent.
->
->While GT is definitely guilty of spam, they are also providing a very
->helpful service to the community with their cheap (and not-so-cheap)
->CD's.
->
->Can we work out some way by which GT is allowed to inform the
->community when new offers are available while not spamming?  I was
->thinking in terms of Taranath sending his catalogue at regular
->intervals to the Linux-India webmaster, who could then put it up on
->the site and send the URL to the list.  That would solve all problems,
->except that the webmaster would have more work to do (but if s/he were
->scared of work, s/he shouldn't have taken up the webmaster job in the
->first place :)

The best thing to do would be to have link at the linux-india website
and other ilug sites to GT's website.  It will be GT's responsibility
to update their site.

Nagarjuna