Re: [ot - sort of] spammer bites the dust (goodbye gtcdrom.com)

Raju Mathur rearranged electrons thusly:

> Can we work out some way by which GT is allowed to inform the
> community when new offers are available while not spamming?  I was

 Ummm... if you will remember, they _were_ posting to LI - till they were
 booted from the list by Thaths for ignoring requests to add the [commercial]
 tag and harvesting mailboxes from LI-* and local LUG lists to add to their
 mailing list.

> intervals to the Linux-India webmaster, who could then put it up on
> the site and send the URL to the list.  That would solve all problems,

 Frankly, anyone and everyone here on the list (and other lists) knows about
 GT, and knows where to find http://www.gtcdrom.com - and if anyone asks where
 to get some foo distro, someone or the other generally points him that way.

 As for finding out _what_ new distros are available, there is always freshmeat
 , linuxberg etc ;)

 So I dont see the point of the whole thing.

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + mallet<@>efn.org
  You spamma my mailbox, I nukea da ass