Re: [ot - sort of] spammer bites the dust (goodbye gtcdrom.com)

Hello,
Ofcourse everybody hates Spam! and there are several ways to block it.
What happened to gtcdrom.com is too harsh from linux community to a linux seller(Atleast you should feel proud In B'lore,India we can get desired Linux,when you think of Pakistan,B'desh,Srilanka,Ukraine..).And it is hard selling Linux and pushing linux in Indian market(since less than 2.0 kernel, they took risk , and they are doing and I think they will continue) as it is not so userfriendly, and even for them they took a long time to switch to LInux from Windows, AFAIK its only about 3 months back.Eventhough LIG boasts you can get support for all and always.It is still catching,people who really can answer are not answering I think, you cant help.And you all know to what expertise institutes teach and Internet can do.
They had supported Linux-India a lot by giving a lot of free CD's by mail,in Bang Linux & IT.COM  and sponsored LIG meetings too.The mailing list of them is also a request of so many people who want to know recent things from Linux and also they written to send them a mail who want to unsubscribe.Since they are not technically sound to implement Majordomo or other mailing list managers , they adopted one what they knew.
Nobody supported or came forward to implement one like that, I think even after they wont find people.Dont think I am talking on behalf of GTCDROM, I am only a person talking who is benefitted by those free CD's and promo texts and knew after working how better Linux/OpenBSD/FreeBSD is.
Atleast let them to mail the latest Linux stuff in to LIG mailing list and help them in rebuilding and serving Linux users.
Long live the Linux spirit.

Linux Lover.

Chequemail.com - a free web based e-mail service that also pays!!!
http://www.chequemail.com