linux courses

hi everybody out there at ilug ,

       As linux is getting more and more popular,linux courses are croping up here and there
but how good are these courses .An average user who
joins these courses to improve his skills and learn more sometimes ends up in just enhancing
the pockets of these course conductors.I am writing all these because i happened to do
a SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION course offered by an NIIT center.Eventhough the courseware contains chapters

about setting up a webserver ,nfs,dns e.t.c   most of these were like doing kernal hacking for the instructor
who was taking classes for me
not to mention about how much a student will get from such a training in which the instructor
will sit with a book and try out all the stuff in the book and if he manage to succeed in
any of the task he will be explainig what he understood from all those experiments he has done
to setup a webserver or what ever he was trying to do(may have ended up in setting up some thing else).
Even if it is possible to learn linux with a book and a linux box ,to learn what linux can do in a networking
environment I believe  it is necessary to work in a networked environment and is desirable to have
somebody trained in linux to help you.For a student who has limitted resources in his college
have to rely on these type of institutes which are just seeing linux as another resource to fill
their pocket resulting in linux system administration certificate holders who dont even know how to mount
a nfs or to setp a dns server.oh please don't ask about firewalling ,remotebooting and all those stuff these words
sounds alien to me.

                            hope this will help those who are planning to do some linux course from falling
into the pitfalls of educ@tiobn Buisness.
  #Don't go for a course because the course is offered by a well known institute.
may be the course is good bu your local fanchisee  may not have trained staff to take this courses but still want to offer these course
just for money.
In my case the institute was a wellknown institute but the instructor himself have old me that he is trying out all
these things for the first time in hs life,he was seeing the course ware for the first time on the third day or so
Even the administrative authorties were not bothered about how the course was going on .(I had reported this to one of the
officials who just laughed at it and was not even ready to look ino the matter .

   												Girish<truncheon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

http://bol.rediff.com

Participate in crazy auctions at http://auctions.rediff.com/auctions/