spam OT (RANT)

A long time ago I made the mistake of visiting indiainfoline.com,  after

that I have been plagued by 49 different flavors of spam in the guise of

weekly newsletters.I even tried going back to the site and changing my
email address (after trying stuff like unsubscribe cywa weekly etc @
indiainfoline.com etc).My question is this:-
If there does not seem to be any laws enforced against spam and other
such offenses against the weak individual then why should everyone get
so belligerent against obscure offenses (in cyberspace) like flag code
etc. ?
Regards,
Dayalan Manohar