Re: [blug] spam OT (RANT)

dayalan manohar rearranged electrons thusly:

> A long time ago I made the mistake of visiting indiainfoline.com,  after
> that I have been plagued by 49 different flavors of spam in the guise of

 me too ... those gentlemen came VERY close to landing in the MAPS RBL
 blacklist about six months back, courtesy /me (after my father subscribed to
 one list they ran - and was subscribed to over TWENTY lists).  Unsubscribing
 didn't work of course ... and the RBL made them promise to improve their list
 management practices before letting them off the hook for once.  Looks like
 they haven't listened.

> If there does not seem to be any laws enforced against spam and other
> such offenses against the weak individual then why should everyone get
> so belligerent against obscure offenses (in cyberspace) like flag code
> etc. ?

 You dont need a cyberlaw to have your sysadmin block indiainfoline.com at your
 mailserver / firewall.

 [back on topic for li]

 Put them in your access.db file

 indiainfoline.com	550 Fsck Off Spammers
 webserver.indiainfoline.com	550 Fsck Off Spammers
 iil.indiainfoline.com	550 Fsck Off Spammers

 and run makemap to regenerate the file.

 [also call me at 5594911..16 ext 567 or mail me at suresh@xxxxxxxxxxxx - I'll
 help you write up an RBL nomination]

--
Suresh Ramasubramanian + sureshr@xxxxxxx
Linux is like a Teepee - No Windows, No Gates, Apache Inside