Fwd: Free Software and Intellectual Property

----------  *** HERE'S SOMETHING YOU MIGHT FIND INTERESTING ***  ----------
Subject: Free Software and Intellectual Property
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 10:13:30 -0500 (CDT)
From: "S. Kritikos" <napoli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Fred, I would be most greateful if you could include the
following in the upcoming issue of your newsletter:

The Internet Societal Task Force (http://www.istf.org) is a
non-profit organization established with help from the
Internet Society (http://www.isoc.org), whose mission is to
"assure the open development, evolution and use of the
Internet for the benefit of all people throughout the
world".

One of the ISTF Working Groups (WG) focuses on free/open
source/public software and intellectual property issues.

As part of our activities we try to contact groups around
the world working on similar issues and document efforts to
promote free software at the policy level. We would be very
interested in contacting people with similar interests in
your country. In particular we look for information on:

* government efforts to adopt free software
* computer science courses that use free software
* activist groups or individuals interested in free software
* policies regarding software patents and standards

Your response would be appreciated
Regards
S. (Sam) Kritikos
metacode@xxxxxxxxx