Re: System Configuration

On 12 Sep 00, at 18:51, Kelvin Ng wrote:

>    I'm running Linux in runlevel 5 . This means that
> the Linux running X windows automatically. How do I
> terminate X windows & switch to  terminal text mode ?

Kevin, first Unsubscribe from LIG and join Linux-India-help...send a mail
to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with
subscribe linux-india-help in the body.

Second, to permanently  move to consolel login, edit /etc/inittab and
change the default run level from 5 to 3...or if you like the cosoles, just
do <ctrl>+<alt>+<f1>

HTH

Sthitaprajna | (at)mailandnews(dot)com | PGP:619E875D
Fingerprint:9A4F 8E01 A4A5 EA1A 41D2 AD1E 75BC 6F0B 619E 875D

"When everything comes your way, you're on the wrong lane"