Solution request for a very simple Problem

Dear friends
I am a novice in Linux field.I have a very simple problem but dov't know
how to solve.We have a unix network primarily consists of Solaris.I have
setuped a linux box primarily for intranet mail and WEB.The problem is
that whenever I tried to access my linux m/c from solaris m/c it only asks
me password not the login name.I think it automaticaly trying to
authenticate the user name by which I have logged on to SUN m/c.Can you
help me out .
your's ssmohapatra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx