Re: Solution request for a very simple Problem

How are you accessing the Linux machine? By telnet? Maybe the telnet
client on solaris will have some extra command line switches to enable
asking for username. Maybe telnet --help will help.

\Indraneel

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Soumeyndu S. Mohapatra wrote:

> Dear friends
> I am a novice in Linux field.I have a very simple problem but dov't know
> how to solve.We have a unix network primarily consists of Solaris.I have
> setuped a linux box primarily for intranet mail and WEB.The problem is
> that whenever I tried to access my linux m/c from solaris m/c it only asks
> me password not the login name.I think it automaticaly trying to
> authenticate the user name by which I have logged on to SUN m/c.Can you
> help me out .
> your's ssmohapatra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

# Indraneel Majumdar                  ¡  E-mail: indraneel@xxxxxxxxxxxx  #
# Bioinformatics Unit (EMBNET node),  ¡  URL: http://scorpius.iwarp.com  #
# Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics,                         #
# Hyderabad, India - 500076                                              #